by >

IFTTT

‘If This, Then That’ is the biggest secret of the Internet age. To those that know of it and use it, life is a completely different experience. They’ve understood that technology can be the most powerful ally and that doing repetitive tasks on your phone or computer is for fools. And while it may look daunting and confusing, it’s my guarantee that anyone and I mean absolutely anyone, can use IFTTT and become a pro at it within minutes. So what does it do? The app allows you to automate tasks and inflow of information based on rules you set. Basically it uses the rule that if this happens then immediately it should trigger that. The trigger can be anything – time, a message, a new post, an update on a website – literally anything. For instance if there is a new cricket score posted, you can receive it as a message or email. Triggers and actions can be from websites, apps, devices and even smart bulbs etc. You can even check other people’s triggers, featured recipes, themed collections and all-time favourites, and use them yourself. Get IFTTT now, you can thank me later.

RunPee

Okay, so the app name doesn’t sound life saving but believe me this is the biggest life, pants and embarrassment saver app of them all. It works like this. You’re in a movie hall, you’ve gorged on coke and popcorn, you’re dying to pee but don’t want to miss a critical part of a movie. Sounds familiar? Well, that agony and guesswork is now history. Snap open this app and it’ll tell you exactly when to take that pee break without missing out on any important part of the plot. It’ll even give you a synopsis of what you missed when you get back. Movies and plots, and pee-worthy timelines upload in real time and almost any movie is covered. This is basically the best thing to happen to your bladder in a long long time.

Credit: hindustantimes.com

Topics: apps